2010년 11월 26일 금요일

#12 I don’t agree to ban corporal punishment

I don’t agree to ban corporal punishment. Nowadays there is strong argument of banning corporal punishment. The opinions are divided in half. I think corporal punishment is necessary. There are some reasons about opposition to banning corporal punishment. First, Corporal punishment is necessary evil. As purpose to education, Suitable punishment is necessity. Currently it has alternative that summoning parents, community service and so on but it is not suitable for Korea emotions so it is difficult to make true. If banning corporal punishment implement without suitable alternatives Educational activities would have problems
Second, worry about teacher's authority forfeit. Nowadays public education is treated and ruinous students sometimes use violence and threaten. So punishment is the only measure left for teachers. And last stop populism is policy that candidates make popular for election. People think that banning of corporal punishment is just pledge to make votes from students and parents. Because superintendent of education is elected by election That’s why that I think corporal punishments need to education..

댓글 3개:

  1. Yeah, I gree with you. In my opinion, when a student does wrong, I think counseling with a student is better than hitting them.

    답글삭제
  2. I think so too. Suitable punishment is necessary because it is appropriate in education.

    답글삭제